75 YEAR OF EXPERTISE AND PARTNERSHIP
In 2016 it will be exactly 75 years since the Olomouc company Wágner a spol. opened its production of fuses, fuse bases and other products in what was then the Kyšperk region. That was the beginning of electro-technical production in the region. Generations of the Letohrad population associated their life with electrical engineering. Thanks to that OEZ became a sort of family for most of its employees. This is positively reflected in their approach to work and the low turnover of employees.
During its existence the company developed from a fuse manufacturer to a comprehensive supplier of products and services for the protection of electric circuits and low voltage equipment. The current strategic partnership with Siemens allows us to use the latest available modern technology and know-how, and evolving development activity and manufacturing.
We appreciate very much that even 75 years after its establishment the company continues to follow the same values as at the beginning of its history. Today, we still believe in the professionalism and expertise of our people and the strict control of our products across the entire process from design to implementation, making us a reliable business partner for our customers.
Thanks to our established solid position within an industry with strong competition we are able to offer opportunities to talented people and continue improving the standard of our team and portfolio with modular devices, moulded case and air circuit breakers being the leading products. The reputation of one of the most traditional companies is intertwined with the region, however it remains one of our most valuable assets.
In OEZ we analyse a whole range of approaches and options daily, however one thing remains constant. We believe that even in the future reputation, trust and respect in customer relationships and between us is the only way to reliability and success.
IMPORTANT HISTORICAL MILESTONES
1941 - establishment of the company
1949 - construction of a production facility at the location of the current corporate office
1952 - v for the first time the company name includes the three characters OEZ – Orlické elektrotechnické závody
1994 - establishment of OEZ Letohrad s. r. o. as a result of privatization of the manufacturing division of OEZ Letohrad s. p.; the partners were six Czech citizens
1995 - establishment of OEZ Slovakia, spol. s r. o., affiliated company of OEZ Letohrad s. r. o. for the exclusive sale of products on the Slovak market
2001 - company name change from OEZ Letohrad s.r.o. to OEZ s.r.o.
2005 - OEZ became a non-smoking company
2007 - OEZ became a member of the Siemens Group
2010 - transfer of air circuit breaker manufacture from Germany to the new production hall and initiation of manufacturing for the global Siemens network
2013 - transfer of moulded case device manufacturing to Kraliky
2015 - and stabilization of moulded case device manufacturing in Kraliky